Monday, February 11, 2013

Rocking Chair Makeover

When I was a little girl, I had a little white rocking chair.  I have a lot of fond memories of rocking my dollies in it.  Shortly after I got married, my husband and I found the little white rocker in my mom's basement in pieces.  We picked all of the pieces up and took them back to our house, with plans to fix it up for our little girl someday.  Five boys later, we have given up on any little girls coming to live at our house, but I couldn't bear to let the little rocker sit in pieces in the garage any longer, so we recently fixed it up for our littlest boys

Now, some purists, may be apalled that I painted over this rocker, but let me tell you, the chair was in really sorry shape.  In fact, my husband told me many times that if it hadn't been sentimental to me, he would have thrown it in the trash.  He had to manufacture some new spindles, dowels, and supports for it and put it all back together, then it took a lot of cleaning and sanding, but we ended up with a cute little rocking chair that my little boys are really enjoying.

Here are a couple of pictures of the chair after my husband got it back into working order, but before the paint job.


A final look at how I remember this rocking chair.


And a final look at the manufacturers sticker.


A couple coats of aqua paint and this rocker is clean, cute, and boy (or girl) appropriate.



I love it!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...