Monday, February 4, 2013

Top Two Star Wars Party Tips

A while back I threw a Star Wars Birthday Party for my 6 year old.  He and his friends had a ball.  This is a pretty popular theme for boys around this age and you can find tons of ideas on blogs and Pinterest.  I used a bunch of them, but I want to share the two greatest hits of the party.  If I was to throw this party again, these would be the absolute "must do's".
 
 
 
Light saber training. This was, by far, the biggest hit of the party.  We got a bubble machine and told the boys they had to pop all the bubbles with their light sabers before they hit the floor. They did this for a long time and kept saying over and over "This is awesome!!!!!!"  The light sabers were made from the ever popular pool noodles, cut in half, with a little silver duct tape and black electrical tape for handles.  I would definitely recommend something like this, or even softer, because each child is bound to get hit a time or two in the frenzy to pop all the bubbles.  We had a few perplexed faces after being smacked by their neighbors light saber, but no tears, and the boys all recovered quickly and got right back to it.


The Star Wars cupcakes. I found these Star Wars: The Clone Wars rings online to use as toppers. The boys loved them and were picking up all the extras to cover as many of their fingers as they could.

This is such a fun theme for boys and I must admit, I had a lot of fun with it too.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...