Friday, March 22, 2013

Peanut Butter Play Dough

Yesterday, my boys and I made an old favorite.  It is a peanut butter play dough recipe given to me by my aunt, back when I was a little girl.


They can play with it just like a normal play dough, with the advantage of being able to eat their creations.  One of their favorite things to create with this play dough is "peanut butter cookies".  Looks like the real deal and tastes great without the baking time. ;)

There are a lot of recipes like this out there in blogland, but I still prefer this one due to the fact that it is super easy, not too sweet, and has no sugar or corn syrup.  This recipe makes a large batch - - way more than my boys can handle in one sitting, so plan accordingly.

Peanut Butter Play Dough

2 cups powdered milk
2 cups peanut butter
1 cup honey

Mix all ingredients together until well incorporated, then dump onto countertop and knead until smooth.  Then let the kids make things and eat 'em up.

A couple quick notes:

1.  The kind of powdered milk necessary for this recipe is the fine stuff, like is pictured below.

 
2.  Since this recipe contains peanut butter and honey, I would not use it for anyone under the age of two.
 
Linking up with:
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...