Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Olliblocks

 
 
Last fall I saw these cute mix-and-match blocks on pinterest, and determined that when I had the time, I would download the images and make a set for my boys. Well, my sister-in-law must have read my mind, because she made a set for my boys for Christmas. 
 
 

My three youngest have played with them and they all have a bit of a different approach.  My five year old wants to find the perfect match, my three year old wants to see what kind of crazy combinations he can come up with, and my baby just wants to build a tower as tall as he can and then laugh his head off when it falls or he knocks it over.



My overall take on these blocks is that they are cute and fun and they keep my kids entertained for around 15 or 20 minutes per sitting.  I think it is a better solitary activity, since my boys tend to start fighting over the blocks if they are all trying to play with them at once.  I am really glad that these were gifted to us, since the kids do enjoy them, but I am glad that I did not have to put the time and money into them myself, since they aren't quite as big of a hit as I thought they would be.  The set is small enough that they store easily and are worth keeping around for an occassional boredom buster.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...