Monday, May 6, 2013

Dots and Toothpicks Construction



I was saving this fun little activity using Dots and toothpicks to construct all sorts of interesting things until summer - - but Friday, my boys were out of school for an unused snow day and I got desperate.  I ran to Dollar Tree for a few packages of Dots and some toothpicks and put the boys to work.

This kept them busy for more than an hour.  They constructed, deconstructed, and constructed again.  When I asked them if they wanted to do this activity again during summer break, I got a big, wholehearted Y-E-S!!



 
 
I think my son summed up this activity best when he called it "yummy fun!"

**I have also seen this activity done using mini marshmallows in place of the Dots.  It would probably work just as well and it would be even cheaper.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...